Museums Galleries Scotland - Museum Development Fund
The fund is designed to support museums to make strategic steps towards becoming more resilient organisations in line with the aims of the National Strategy. Projects must demonstrate one of the following: an enterprising approach – either with an innovative way of solving a problem or involving income generation; skills development (for staff and or volunteers); advocacy – helping to raise your museum’s profile.
- No source
- When to apply:
- There are two rounds of funding in financial year 2019/20 with deadlines of 25 April and 10 October 2019.
- Next deadline:
25 Apr 2019
- Charities only:
0131 550 4115
- How to apply
- It is strongly advised that you contact Museum Galleries Scotland to discuss potential applications.
- The fund lists a large number of exclusions. See the website for details.
Fund award sizes
No average provided
- Annually awarded:
No annually awarded amount provided
- Notes on award amounts:
- Accredited museums can apply for between £5,000 and £40,000 and up to 75% of the total project costs. Recognised Collections can apply for up to £60,000 for projects relating to those collections, up to 100% of the total project costs.
- Arts and Cultural Activities
- Education and Training