DM Thomas Foundation for Young People
Applications working in the areas of education or health with one of our four chosen focus groups are selected or considered include Children and young people: with disabilities, who are sick in hospital, who are homeless or in care, who are life limited (requiring palliative care).
- Grant, Equipment
- Private/for Profit Organisation
- When to apply:
- The 2019 application deadlines are: Tuesday 5th February 2019. Tuesday 7th May 2019. Tuesday 23rd July 2019.
Tuesday 8th October 2019
- Next deadline:
05 Feb 2019
- Charities only:
020 7605 7733
- How to apply
- An electronic and hard copy of your application should be submitted by the deadline in order to be considered. Grant application form is available from the website.
- This fund lists a large number of exclusions: check the website for details.
Fund award sizes
No minimum provided
- Annually awarded:
- Notes on award amounts:
- If favoured, grant applications for up to £5,000 can be approved by the Director, up to £10,000 can be approved by the Grants Committee, and applications for more than £10,000 are recommended to the Trustees for final approval. The Foundation generally will not make awards of over £30,000 (per year). Funding can be requested for up to 2 years for any particular project. In 2017 grants to charities located in Scotland, excluding grants to national charities, totalled £99,842 via 41 grants (from 102 applications) to 36 charities. This represents 13% of their grants awarded and 7% of their funds awarded
- Education and Training
- Employability services
- Health and social care
- Economically/socially disadvantaged
- Homeless or badly Housed
- People affected by ill-health
- People with disabilities
- Young people